At John Dapper, we like to keep things simple, and there is nothing simpler to make than a turkey burger. Knowing how to make a turkey burger can be beneficial to you because it’s a much healthier alternative than eating a burger combo from some greasy fast food restaurant. A hearty turkey burger is the perfect meal for those of you that want to eat healthy and pig out at the same time.
- Turkey Patties
- Seasoning Salt
- Sandwich Buns or Pita Bread (Whole Wheat)
- Purple Onions
- Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- Cheese (Swiss is highly recommended!)
- Pour olive oil in a sauté pan and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Cut desired amount of onion and bell pepper slices and place these into the oil and sauté with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt on the turkey patty and cook to your liking.
- Once the patty is almost done, place your choice of cheese on top so it melts.
- Spread olive oil mayonnaise onto a thin bun, followed by your desired amount of sautéed onions and bell peppers, then finally add your turkey patty with melted cheese.
And there you go! A very delicious and healthy turkey burger. Once you’ve mastered how to make this simple burger, you can try adding more flavors and different ingredients to spice things up. You can also add some healthy side dishes like a quinoa salad or a potato.
Do you have a question for John Dapper? E-mail us and we’ll answer it!